Life is about innovation: forward movement...by Kuanita Murphy on 12/26/11
Reflecting with gratitude for all things is a favorite pastime at the close of each year. Life is a precious gift that is but for a moment. Time seems to fly quickly not only when you are having fun, but as one matures.
Each year has a unique set of life experiences and lessons designed to promote personal growth. 2011 brought many lessons. Consequently, I believe that have grown personally, but increased in wisdom. The following are the top eleven things that I have learned this year:
11. Life does not always unfold as one may have planned. Sometimes this is a good thing. Go with it, for a detour sometimes leads to unexpected and hidden blessings.
10. Use what you have. Times there have been when I have wished for more of this or that to achieve a particular task. In the end, what I realized was that I already possessed that I which I sought.
9. Criticism is a part of life and sometimes beneficial. Rule of thumb: accept that which is constructive and ignore that which is not.
8. In everything, do your best, for in the end that is all that is really required.
7. There is nothing wrong with friendly competition. Competition makes the game interesting.
6. Cherish all that life has to offer. Appreciate and enjoy life in the now, for tomorrow is never promised.
5. Life is about innovation: forward movement. No reason there is to harbor bitterness and anger from the past. Harness the lesson. Amend, if necessary. Move forward.
4. Believe. “Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase in order to take the first step.”~ Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Despite uncertainty, keep believing.
3. Stand up for yourself and what you believe in. If you do not, then who will?
2. “…sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together.” ~Marilyn Monroe
1. You have one life to live. Live it!
In the New Year, I wish for you a happy, safe, and a prosperous new year! The best is yet to come!